Sunday 12 January 2014

The HD Brows Experience



I've always had thick hair, so as you can imagine my eyebrows are the same…thick, dark and long! I remember my mum forbidding me to pluck them until I was older, and now I’m a little older I can see why! (mind you that didn't stop me taking scissors to them when I was about 11 instead…what can I say I’m stubborn!) Like hairstyles and fashion it takes a while to find what suits you in terms of shape. I’m sure many of you are with me when I say I wish I hadn't plucked my eyebrows to the point that they were soo thin that you could barely see them! But we've all been there plucking out one last hair...and then another!




Therefore I decided it was about time I gave up trying to sort out my brows myself and enlisted the professionals! Step forward HD brows!


What they claim:
Eyebrows frame the face, balance the features and express our emotions. But we take it one step further. We’ve revolutionised eyebrow care to give everyone that extra look good, feel good factor.
It’s about much more than shaping. Eyebrows are as individual as fingerprints, and our tailored procedures and treatments transform even the most unruly, sparse or over-plucked brows into HD Brows.
Every HD Brows treatment is absolutely exclusive. Our stylists assess the shape of your face and your colouring before creating a bespoke brow, tailored exclusively for you.
                                                                                                 hdbrows.com


My HD stylist started by wiping off any make up that I had on the brows and the surrounding area in order to get the full HD effect. We then discussed what colour to tint the hairs and decided on a medium brown to match my hair colour*. She then applied the tint and left this for a couple of minutes. This didn’t feel uncomfortable at all and just felt a little damp. After this, she started to apply the wax to shape my eyebrows, this was the most painful bit…but it was all over in a few minutes! After this the stylist started to thread some of the stray hairs that she hadn’t been able to get during the waxing, in order to achieve the perfect arch. Lastly, she trimmed the hairs in order to keep the brow shape more precise. The stylist finished by filling in the brows with some products from the HD brows range and then applied a small amount of powder to the redness as a result of the waxing.

I didn’t experience any discomfort afterwards and after 3 weeks I’m still very happy with the results! They really do live up to their claim and define your features. Another advantage of the treatment is that I didn’t mind wearing less make up as I felt the treatment definitely made me look more awake without being scary!




The whole process takes around 45 Minutes and costs around £25.

Visit hdbrows.com to find your nearest salon.

*A patch test is required at least 24 hours before the treatment.


This post is not sponsored and all opinions are 100% my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment