Sunday 25 August 2013


Banishing Blemishes?

Clinique and La Roche-Posay Review 




Clinique Anti Blemish Foaming Solution 
I really hate to write a negative about a product, but at the same time I don't want to be dishonest.
I really wasn't impressed with this product, as I've heard from many skincare professionals - regardless of what skin type you are a foaming cleanser is not the best for your skin. Apparently, this is because foaming cleansers contain sulfates which are strip the skin of its natural defence barrier. 
This is frustrating because almost every premium beauty counter I've been to offers a range of foaming cleansers, and people with blemish prone/combination skin are normally the first victims to be targeted.
I didn't enjoy the smell of the product at all, It had a very medical smell to it, and although I do not like to feel like I'm applying perfume to my face, at the same time I want to have a pleasant experience when cleansing! The product ran out very quickly and I still felt like nothing had been achieved to banish those 'blemishes'. However I will say on a positive note the pump was easy to use and I felt it was easy to get the last of product out of the bottle.
  
Clinique Anti Blemish Clarifying Lotion
Sadly, I also can't rave about this product, the Clinique Anti Blemish Clarifying Lotion comes in a very deceiving bottle which, to any customer would look like a you were getting a lot for your money... you're not. You are merely getting a bottle with a thick interior and a large screw top, creating the look of a large bottle. 
The actual lotion really felt like it stung rather than gave a slight tingling sensation like other toning/clarifying products on the market. I felt the liquid dried out my skin causing me to go from a slightly combination skin to very dry skin, which also caused for me to change foundation as well... more unnecessary spending!

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Clarifying Lotion
After becoming completely fed up with clinique in terms of skincare I decided to take a look into the skincare brand 'La Roche Posay'. After buying into the hype of the 'Effaclar Duo' and not being disappointed, I decided to buy the clarifying lotion from the same range as well! 
It was definitely a relief after my issues with the clinique range, the product felt gentle on my skin, and I felt like I could use this exfoliating product everyday without breaking out even more than usual. 
The product claims to 'cleanse and exfoliate the skin to help instantly unblock and reduce the appearance of pores' and I felt it did just that! After a few weeks I felt like my pores were tightened and I appeared to have less blackheads. 
Definitely a product worth trying!

The La Roche-Posay Effaclar Clarifying Lotion 200ml is available at Boots priced at £11.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment